Mariners Club Key Largo
You’ll find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions here and the rules you must abide by during your stay at Mariner’s Club. If you have questions not answered here, please don’t hesitate to contact our Guest Services team using the chat service on our site. You may also text us at (786) 386-0410 or call (305) 853-5000.
Frequently Asked Questions
What supplies are provided during my stay?
Your Villa comes with a “Starter Pack.” Each full bathroom will have one backup roll of toilet paper per bathroom. Each full bathroom has four bath towels, two hand towels, two washcloths, two Makeup cloths, and one bath mat. Bath amenities for each full bath include one hotel-size shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bath gel, and facial and body bar soap. Beds have a mattress pad, fitted sheet, two flat sheets with a sleeping blanket in between, pillows and pillowcases, and a decorative quilt. Should you need to launder your bed linens or towels, a single-wash laundry detergent and single-use dryer sheet pack is also provided. The kitchen or kitchenette area will have one roll of paper towels, three dishwasher tablets if there is a dishwasher, one small bottle of liquid dish soap, and three kitchen garbage bags. Kmart & Publix supermarket is 3.5 Miles North on the Overseas Highway in Key Largo at Mile Marker 101 for additional supplies during your stay.
Where is the closest Grocery Store?
Publix grocery store is located 3.5 miles North on the Oceanside near Mile Marker 101. Approximately 5-minute drive on the Overseas Highway.
Where is the closest Liquor Store?
Walgreens & Denny’s Liquor Store is located at Mile Marker 100, north on Overseas Highway.
Can I have groceries delivered before we arrive?
Sorry, but you must be present at the time of delivery.
How do I connect to the Internet?
View your wireless networks, locate your Villa number, and click Connect. Your secure passkey code is provided in the Pre-Arrival Instruction and on the base of the telephone inside the villa.
How do I use the telephone?
All calls are free for unlimited local and long-distance calls. Please dial a 9 + 1 + Area Code + Number.
Where is the closest beach?
There are two beaches within a short drive of Mariner’s Club. John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park is 5 miles north on the Overseas Highway at Mile Marker 102.5, and Harry Harris Park is 5.5 miles south on the Overseas Highway at Mile Marker 92. Both facilities require an entry fee. Visit their websites for more information.
Where is the best place to eat dinner?
Ballyhoo’s is just one of the great options just north of Mariner’s Club, which has a fabulous selection available for Lunch and Dinner options. Many great restaurant options are available on our website in our Local Activities guide’s Dining & Nightlife section.
How do I access the Fitness Center, Game Room, and Tennis Courts?
The fitness center is next to the ballroom and conference space on the southern side of the boat storage area. Fitness Center Hours are from 6 am to 10 pm daily. The game room is available at the lower level of the clubhouse. We provide the access code for the game room in the Pre-Arrival Instruction email. Guests aged 16 and under must be supervised by an adult at all times during game room use. The Tennis Courts are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please note that equipment is not provided.
Can I have visitors while staying at the Mariner’s Club?
Only registered guests and visitors within the occupancy limits will be permitted access to the premises. Occupancy limits vary depending on which home you have reserved. If you haven’t reached the maximum occupancy limit, you may contact security to register your visitors at (305) 853-9878.
Where can I park and how many spaces are there?
The townhouses feature an extended driveway just outside each home, whereas the condos have parking directly on the front side of each building. The Homeowner’s Association permits no more than two vehicles per residence. If you need to arrange additional parking, we recommend contacting Catamaran Boat Yard & Storage located less than half a mile north (additional cost applies).
Can I bring my pet or ESA?
Sorry, but the Homeowner’s Association rules prohibit pets and Emotional Support Animals from staying at Mariner’s Club. You may be denied entry, charged an additional cleaning fee, and asked to leave if you attempt to stay with a pet.
Is smoking allowed?
Smoking is not permitted indoors or in communal areas. You are allowed to smoke on the porch/balcony of your vacation home; however, we ask that you be considerate of your neighbors and note that the smoke must not cause a disturbance to other residents or their guests. We may revoke your right to smoke onsite if there is a complaint. You must properly dispose of cigarette butts, do not toss them anywhere on property grounds. Smoking indoors or violating these rules will incur mandatory fees of up to $500.00 plus any damages.
Guest / Tenant Information & Homeowner’s Association Rules
Mariner’s Club is a privately owned residential community, where some of the owners offer their home to seasonal renters. The owners spend a lot of time, money, and energy to keep Mariner’s Club as one of the premier communities in the Florida Keys. We appreciate your help in keeping our community first-class by observing the following rules:
- Guests are not permitted to have Emotional Support Animals or pets onsite or in any of the rental homes. Emotional Support Animals or pets found in any rental home will incur mandatory fees of up to $500.00 for cleaning purposes plus any damages. Service Animals should be registered with KeysCaribbean and the HOA prior to arrival. You will be asked to provide details of the duties your service animal performs. All service animals must be leashed at all times when outside the unit.
- Two Vehicles are allowed per residence and all vehicles must display a valid Mariner’s Club parking pass. Any towing and/or storage charges resulting from an enforcement of these provisions are the sole responsibility of the owner/operator of the vehicle involved.
- Parents must be responsible and attend to their children, with due regard to the wishes and comforts of others, in all club facilities. No one under the age of 18 is permitted in the fitness center.
- Campers, ATV’s, utility trailers, motor homes and travel trailers are not allowed. Boat trailers are not permitted to be parked onsite by guests. We suggest reserving storage space at Catamaran Boat Yard & Storage less than half of a mile north. If you intend to bring your boat, you must launch offsite and enter the marina by water. To reserve space for your boat in the marina, please contact the Homeowner’s Association before your stay.
- Go-carts, motorized scooters and non street-legal vehicles, with the exception of golf cart are not permitted on the property. Approved motor vehicles and golf carts may only be operated by persons with a license or a restricted license.
- No swimsuits, towels, laundry, or other items should be hung from balcony railings.
- Only registered guests are allowed on the property.
- Occupancy guest limits are one bedrooms (1-4), two bedrooms (4-6), three bedrooms (6-8), and four bedrooms (8-10).
- Due to the tropical environment of the Florida Keys, it is important that all garbage is bagged, secured, and placed in garbage cans. If you are recycling, please ensure containers are rinsed and no food is left in boxes (i.e.: cereal, cookie boxes, etc).
- No person shall make or permit any disturbing noises, do or permit anything that will interfere with the rights, comforts, or convenience of others, or operate radios or televisions in such a manner as to disturb or annoy other occupants. Mariner’s Club Safety Patrol and the Association Manager shall in their sole discretion determine what constitutes such a nuisance. Violation may result in removal from the property.
Mariner’s Club wishes to maintain a guest-friendly environment. Compliance with rules and guidelines is expected of all owners, guests, and tenants. Failure to abide by these rules may result in charges including fines, assessments, and damages as well as the potential termination of your stay without a refund.
Pools and Outdoor Jacuzzi Areas: Rules & Information
- Pool hours are from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Owners and Guests will be expected to leave the pool and spa areas when asked to by the Guards if they are using the facilities outside of these times.
- No food or drink is allowed in the pool. Food and drink must be consumed away from the pool deck.
- No glass containers of any kind are allowed in the pool areas. No food or drink is allowed in the pool.
- No pets with the exception of certified service animals are allowed in the pool area. Service animals must be leashed at all times.
- The pool areas are considered NON-SMOKING areas, in compliance with Florida Law.
- No infants (under one year of age) are allowed in the pool. Toddlers MUST wear “swimming diapers” Children should not carry or throw sand into the pool, as it seriously impacts the effectiveness of the pool filters. Only soft/nerf like toys are allow in the pool.
- Pool and Clubhouse furniture (loungers) should remain in their respective areas.
- No Frisbees, ball throwing or similar games are allowed.
- Radios must only be used with earphones.
- Saving of chairs for persons absent from the pool area is not allowed.
- All trash must be placed in the waste receptacles, so foreign materials do not get into the pool.
Our wish as a community is that everyone visiting enjoys the Florida Keys. These rules help everyone have an enjoyable stay. In the unfortunate event that rules are broken, fines or assessments could occur.