The Florida Keys are such an amazing place to be. It is easy to see why the islands are so popular with locals, visitors, and even Hollywood movie makers who flock here to get gorgeous scenery for their films!
That’s right; the beautiful islands of the Florida Keys have been the backdrop to many popular movies over the years. From romances and spy movies to family shows and even thrillers – the Florida Keys make a wonderful setting for a variety of different types of productions.
From the 1940’s all the way to current times, there have been dozens of popular movies made right here in the Florida Keys. Here are some of the great movies that used the scenery of the tropical islands of the Keys for their productions. Do you have a favorite movie that was filmed in the Keys?
Key Largo – 1948
The Rose Tattoo – 1954
Operation Petticoat – 1959
PT 109 – 1962
92 in the Shade – 1974
The Last Resort – 1979
Running Scared – 1985
License to Kill – 1988
True Lies – 1994
Up Close and Personal – 1995
The Spanish Prisoner – 1996
Speed 2: Cruise Control – 1997
Tomorrow Never Dies – 1997
Office Space – 1998
Heartbreakers – 2000
2 Fast 2 Furious – 2002
Red Dragon – 2002
Meet the Fockers – 2004
The Pacifier – 2004
Miami Vice – 2005
The Pacifier – 2005
Repo Man – 2008
I Am Number Four – 2010
Act of Valor – 2012
Agoraphobia – 2015
The Leisure Seeker – 2017
Chasing the Sun – 2017
…..and many more!
From the wonderful beach scenes with swaying palm trees and endless sunsets to the meandering streets of quaint fishing villages and the most beautiful seaside resorts – the Florida Keys are truly the things movies are made of!
The amazing scenery and close proximity to Miami makes the Florida Keys a great place for movies…as well as a luxury vacation for you! Whether you are looking for a luxury vacation rental in Florida with waterfront pools, a vacation rental home where you can bring your boat, or an amazing waterfront resort with plenty of amenities to enjoy – KeysCaribbean has the perfect accommodations in the Keys for you. Make plans now to escape to the beautiful islands of the Florida Keys for the luxury vacation you deserve! Book today…
We’re preparing for a safe re-opening soon (June 1st is our goal date) with additional measures to keep you, your family, our employees, and contractors as safe as possible during your return to our Florida Keys paradise.
1. As recommended by the CDC’s social distancing guidelines, guests shall be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them, including any area where guests or employees queue.
2. During all times in which the usage of masks/face coverings is recommended by the CDC and/or other local health authorities guests and employees or contractor will be required to wear a mask/face covering if unable to maintain 6 ft distance or inside of any building other than the guests rented space.
3. Contactless Check-In. Pre-arrival instructions including a digital door lock code will be emailed to each guest prior to arrival. No need to meet anyone face-to-face before entering the rental space.
4. If not wearing protective gloves, all employees shall follow CDC guidance regarding hand-washing. Employees shall wash their hands for at least 20 seconds, or use sanitizer when a sink is not available, after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, cleaning, smoking, eating, drinking, accepting items from a guest, taking a break, and before a shift and as needed throughout the shift. When possible, employees shall wear gloves for added protection
and sanitation efforts. Proper hand hygiene, in accordance with CDC guidelines, should be followed prior to and after removing the gloves.
5. Cleaning products and protocols shall include EPA-approved disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
6. ULV Fogging between guest stays with EPA-approved, non-toxic disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens. ULV fogging will also be concentrated on non-removable bedding in each rental space.
7. In anticipation of individual concerns of guests, housekeeping shall not enter a guest room during a stay unless specifically requested, or approved, by the guest, or to comply with established safety protocols. Housekeeping shall maintain the practice of cleaning rooms thoroughly following check-out.
8. Professionally laundered linens and towels with the warmest allowable temperature so as not to degrade the quality of the product.
9. Non-emergency maintenance issues will be scheduled after guest departure to reduce contact risks for both our guests and our contractors. If assistance is needed during your stay we will ask for permission to enter the rental space to conduct necessary repairs as timely as we possibly can, however, please keep in mind delays could occur as our contractors do provide services to others outside of KeysCaribbean.