Have yourself a merry little holiday season in the Florida Keys. Trade your winter jackets and scarves for your shorts and flip flops for the best tropical celebration around. There’s plenty of room, so bring the whole family and spend the holidays in a tropical bungalow by the water, a private mansion with a view, or a waterfront townhome with all of the comforts you enjoy!
Make yourself right at home in one of the luxury resorts in the Islands and let the holiday celebration commence! Popular holiday celebrations in the Florida Keys include these fun-filled activities and planned events.
Lighted Boat Parade – This classic celebration is a Key West tradition hosted by the popular Schooner Wharf Bar and is celebrating its 29th year! Join the festivities at the Historic Seaport, or Mallory Square and watch as boats parade through the harbor with holiday lights.
Holiday Fest in Islamorada – The 15th Annual Islamorada Chamber of Commerce Holiday Fest brings “snow” to the Florida Keys! Kick-off the holiday season at the Holiday Fest Snow Mountain, with 30 tons of the cold white stuff! Fun for the whole family!
Christmas in Key West Trolley Tour – Take an evening tour aboard Old Town Trolley to see the area holiday decorations. Victorian mansions and conch cottages are all dressed up for the holidays and are beautiful! Tours depart from Mallory Square.
Light Up Key Largo – Join in the festivities as local businesses offer holiday cheer at this free event. Activities include an ice-skating rink, Santa’s Workshop with arts and crafts, holiday treats, and ornament making. Enjoy carolers singing and bands playing your favorite holiday songs. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be there hear all the children’s holiday wishes!
New Year’s Eve Celebrations – Key West celebrates a variety of ways for New Year’s Eve: The traditional ‘Ball Drop’ at Sloppy Joe’s, the Historic Seaport, and perhaps most infamous being Sushi, the local celebrity drag queen being lowered from a Duval Street balcony in a giant red high-heeled shoe at Bourbon Street Pub/New Orleans House.
Make plans now to spend the Christmas and New Year’s Eve holidays in the warm and sunny Florida Keys. Contact the experienced team at KeysCaribbean today to book your luxury vacation rental home in South Florida and enjoy your holidays in the Florida sunshine!
We’re preparing for a safe re-opening soon (June 1st is our goal date) with additional measures to keep you, your family, our employees, and contractors as safe as possible during your return to our Florida Keys paradise.
1. As recommended by the CDC’s social distancing guidelines, guests shall be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them, including any area where guests or employees queue.
2. During all times in which the usage of masks/face coverings is recommended by the CDC and/or other local health authorities guests and employees or contractor will be required to wear a mask/face covering if unable to maintain 6 ft distance or inside of any building other than the guests rented space.
3. Contactless Check-In. Pre-arrival instructions including a digital door lock code will be emailed to each guest prior to arrival. No need to meet anyone face-to-face before entering the rental space.
4. If not wearing protective gloves, all employees shall follow CDC guidance regarding hand-washing. Employees shall wash their hands for at least 20 seconds, or use sanitizer when a sink is not available, after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, cleaning, smoking, eating, drinking, accepting items from a guest, taking a break, and before a shift and as needed throughout the shift. When possible, employees shall wear gloves for added protection
and sanitation efforts. Proper hand hygiene, in accordance with CDC guidelines, should be followed prior to and after removing the gloves.
5. Cleaning products and protocols shall include EPA-approved disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
6. ULV Fogging between guest stays with EPA-approved, non-toxic disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens. ULV fogging will also be concentrated on non-removable bedding in each rental space.
7. In anticipation of individual concerns of guests, housekeeping shall not enter a guest room during a stay unless specifically requested, or approved, by the guest, or to comply with established safety protocols. Housekeeping shall maintain the practice of cleaning rooms thoroughly following check-out.
8. Professionally laundered linens and towels with the warmest allowable temperature so as not to degrade the quality of the product.
9. Non-emergency maintenance issues will be scheduled after guest departure to reduce contact risks for both our guests and our contractors. If assistance is needed during your stay we will ask for permission to enter the rental space to conduct necessary repairs as timely as we possibly can, however, please keep in mind delays could occur as our contractors do provide services to others outside of KeysCaribbean.