Your Villa comes with a “Starter Pack” which includes: 1 backup roll of toilet paper per bathroom, 1 set towels & bed linens, 6 pool towels in linen closet, 1 single box washing machine detergent, 1 roll paper towel, 2 kitchen trash can bags, 2 tablets dishwashing machine soap, 1 small bottle liquid dish soap, 1 set of bath amenities per full bath (shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, lotion, bar soap). For additional supplies during your stay there is a Kmart Big K, Publix & Winn Dixie supermarkets located within minutes only 2 miles south on the Overseas Highway.
Winn Dixie and Publix grocery stores located 1 mile south of Marathon Airport on the Oceanside near MM50. Approximately 5 minute drive on Overseas Highway.
Walgreens Liquor Store located next to Walgreens Pharmacy, 1/2 mile south on Overseas Highway Bayside at 109th Street. Approximately a 2 minutes drive.
View your wireless networks and locate your Villa number and click connect. Your secure passkey code is provided in the Pre-Arrival Instruction and on the base of the telephone inside the villa.
3 + Villa number. Example Villa 25 is ext. 325, Villa 4 is 304
No. All Villas have assigned Boat Slips that are clearly marked on the dock pedestals. Do not park in open slips, as this is a residential community and owners must have access to their assigned slip at all times.
No. All villas have one assigned carport parking space. Additional parking is available at the reception fitness center parking area. Open spaces may belong to private residences and the owner may arrive at any time.
Coco Plum Beach is located at the end of Coco Plum Road located 1 mile north on Overseas Highway. Turn right at the stop light for Coco Plum Road. Sombrero Beach is located at the end of Sombrero Beach Road located 5 miles south on the Overseas Highway turn left at the stop light (at Kmart near MM50) for Sombrero Beach Road .
We have listed great local restaurants in the directory information binder on the Kitchen Counter.
Here are some laws of the City of Marathon, State of Florida, and rules, regulation, policies, and courtesies that we require you to observe while here at Indigo Reef.
OCCUPANCY OF UNITS – Per the City of Marathon code, the maximum occupancy for staying overnight in each of the units here at Indigo Reef by persons of any age is EIGHT (8) PEOPLE.
PARKING ? Absolutely NO parking of any vehicle in the driveway as the driveway is designated as a ‘Fire Lane’ by Marathon Fire?Rescue. No parking on any grass areas. Any vehicles parked in either of these locations will be towed at the owner’s expense. No trailers of any kind are permitted on the Indigo Reef property. No commercial vehicles are permitted to be parked on the property overnight. Please park only one (1) passenger vehicle in the correlated numbered allocated space of your unit in the carport. A rearview mirror hanger tag has been supplied to you by your agent and it must be attached to your rearview mirror at all times while your vehicle is here. No vehicle larger than a ½ ton pickup may be parked in the carport space. When parked in carport, a vehicle shall not extend into the driveway beyond the carport posts. Additional vehicles, over?size vehicles, and/or visitors must park their vehicles in the parking lot at the office building or overflow lot across from the office building. If you park in a spot that is not assigned to the unit you are staying in, your vehicle may be towed at your expense.
BOAT DOCKS – All boat dock spaces are assigned to your designated unit. Unit number and dock space number are
located on the dock pedestals. Please make sure the boat owner/operator is docked in the correct assigned boat dock
space. All lines are to be tied to the cleats provided on the docks and no lines are to be tied to the pedestals. No boats
larger than thirty?one (31) feet length over all (LOA) are permitted in any dock space. You may not tie up in any other
unassigned dock space. When tying up your boats please use proper line tying techniques as the tides are often severe
and if your boat is improperly secured you will risk the sinking of your boat in the canal if the boat should get caught
under the dock at low tide. For safety, the docks are to remain clear of objects at all times.
POOL – The pool hours are from dawn until dusk. Pool is closed on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday until 9am for pool
maintenance. Please be respectful of others using the pool area, the pool furniture and fixtures, and return items used
to the same location and condition which it was found when you came. No life guard is on duty, so be careful and
cautious when in the pool area. Absolutely NO GLASS is permitted in the pool area. Pets are NOT permitted in the
pool area. NO smoking in the pool area.
GARBAGE – Place all your garbage in trash bags and place the bag in the trash receptacle enclosures across from your
units. You must open the metal hinged top of the enclosure, open the trash can inside the enclosure and place all
trash/garbage inside the trash cans, close the trash can lid and then close the metal hinged top enclosure. There are
many animals in the area and if you fail to follow this procedure in the garbage receptacle area, the animals will make
the garbage receptacle area very unpleasant.
FISHING AND LOBSTERING – When cleaning your catch at the cleaning stations provided at the docks, DO NOT
dispose of the entrails and carcasses in the canals. Place all entrails and carcasses in the garbage receptacles on the
docks, make sure the lids are closed, and maintenance will empty the receptacles daily. Do not leave the water running
at the docks.
FITNESS CENTER – The Fitness Center is located in the north?west corner of the Association office building. Your rental
agent will supply you with the lock code required for entry into the gym. No one under the age of 16 is permitted to use
the Fitness Center. Be considerate of others and of the equipment and return the equipment to how it was found.
PETS – Some homeowners permit small pets in their units. If small dogs are permitted by the homeowner in
their unit, all dogs must be leashed and under control when outside of the unit. You are required to pick?up
after your dog. No pets are permitted in the pool area.
BARBECUE/BBQ – Charcoal BBQ grills are available along the marina dock area. Absolutely NO BBQ/Barbecuing
within fifty (50) feet of any wood structure. This is Florida law and you are subject to citation should you violate this
NOISE –The Indigo Reef Homeowners Association requires noise to be kept at a minimum at all times and absolutely no
outside noise after 10:00 pm.
Recreational equipment – Items such as paddleboards, snorkel gear, kayaks and bicycles must be stored on
the porch areas of your unit when not in use.
SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS – Several surveillance cameras are located within the property. This is to promote a safe
environment by deterring illegal acts or rules and policy violations and to also deter theft and vandalism and assist in the
identification of individuals who commit damage to Indigo Reef Marina Homeowners property. A surveillance camera
policy is available in the Association office.
CANAL – SWIMMING, SNORKELING, & DIVING PROHIBITED – For the safety of everyone, swimming, snorkeling, and
diving in the canals adjacent to the Indigo Reef docks is strictly prohibited. Canals are narrow and the navigation of
boats in and out of the canals creates a substantial risk to anyone in the water.
SMOKING – Most homeowners do not permit smoking in their unit or on their porches. Please check with the rental
agent on this matter for your unit. NO smoking is permitted in the pool area.
Fireworks are strictly prohibited anywhere on the Indigo Reef property.
The Ice machine, located behind the pool area, is strictly for the use of guests at Indigo Reef. We ask that you limit
your use of the ice to one cooler so the ice is available for others.
WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO COMPLY WITH THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF INDIGO REEF
MARINA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, THE LAWS OF THE CITY OF MARATHON, AND STATE OF FLORIDA.
PLEASE FOLLOW AND SUPPORT THESE COURTESIES SO ALL WHO ARE HERE WILL EXPERIENCE A DELIGHTFUL
AND MEMORABLE STAY.
We’re preparing for a safe re-opening soon (June 1st is our goal date) with additional measures to keep you, your family, our employees, and contractors as safe as possible during your return to our Florida Keys paradise.
1. As recommended by the CDC’s social distancing guidelines, guests shall be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them, including any area where guests or employees queue.
2. During all times in which the usage of masks/face coverings is recommended by the CDC and/or other local health authorities guests and employees or contractor will be required to wear a mask/face covering if unable to maintain 6 ft distance or inside of any building other than the guests rented space.
3. Contactless Check-In. Pre-arrival instructions including a digital door lock code will be emailed to each guest prior to arrival. No need to meet anyone face-to-face before entering the rental space.
4. If not wearing protective gloves, all employees shall follow CDC guidance regarding hand-washing. Employees shall wash their hands for at least 20 seconds, or use sanitizer when a sink is not available, after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, cleaning, smoking, eating, drinking, accepting items from a guest, taking a break, and before a shift and as needed throughout the shift. When possible, employees shall wear gloves for added protection
and sanitation efforts. Proper hand hygiene, in accordance with CDC guidelines, should be followed prior to and after removing the gloves.
5. Cleaning products and protocols shall include EPA-approved disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
6. ULV Fogging between guest stays with EPA-approved, non-toxic disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens. ULV fogging will also be concentrated on non-removable bedding in each rental space.
7. In anticipation of individual concerns of guests, housekeeping shall not enter a guest room during a stay unless specifically requested, or approved, by the guest, or to comply with established safety protocols. Housekeeping shall maintain the practice of cleaning rooms thoroughly following check-out.
8. Professionally laundered linens and towels with the warmest allowable temperature so as not to degrade the quality of the product.
9. Non-emergency maintenance issues will be scheduled after guest departure to reduce contact risks for both our guests and our contractors. If assistance is needed during your stay we will ask for permission to enter the rental space to conduct necessary repairs as timely as we possibly can, however, please keep in mind delays could occur as our contractors do provide services to others outside of KeysCaribbean.