To both locals and celebrities alike, Florida Keys fishing is some of the best in the world with more than 225 species of game fish. Ernest Hemingway fished the waters of the Florida Straits between Cuba and Key West for giant blue marlin while Zane Grey applied his angling and writing skills to the inshore and backcountry of the Florida Keys, landing sailfish and giant tarpon. Charter boats and guides are available for Florida Keys deep sea fishing excursions to test angling skills against sailfish and marlin or back-country exploration to hook tarpon and bonefish. You will be able to enjoy fishing in the Florida Keys year round.
Click here to find the best season to catch each species of fish.
For Florida Keys Fishing, please select an island location:
The waters of Key Largo are teeming with some of the world’s most sought after game fish. More than 10 percent of the IGFA saltwater line class and fly fishing world records have been set in the Florida Keys.
Marathon is the greatest destination for sport and Florida Keys big game fishing, in the world. Throughout each Season, there are always several species, available in plentiful schools. With your professional guide and Captain, you are guaranteed a spectacular Fishing Adventure experience with excellent results. Marathon’s central location in the “Heart of the Florida Keys” is the ideal starting point for your Fishing Adventure, as it is not necessary to travel long distances, as may be required when departing from other Florida Keys areas, to catch your fish. We have sailfish, cobia, dolphin, swordfish, yellow tail, permit, sharks, mangrove, muttons, Bonita, kingfish, spearfish, white marlin, blue marlin, and many other species that are plentiful seasonally throughout the year. Experiencing a private Charter Fishing Adventure will make your visit truly memorable. The changing colors and hues of the crystal clear waters of the Atlantic Ocean, natural reefs and back country Gulf of Mexico are magnificent. Your private fishing charter is the complete eco tour as your knowledgeable guides & Captain will inform you about our delicate and sensitive eco system and its inhabitants in the water and the sky. It takes special fishing skills and experience to capture the Real Fishing Adventure of fishing in the Florida Keys.
Marathon is in the middle of the Keys allowing your professional guide and Captain to set a course wherever the fishing Adventure will give you the best experience.
We’re preparing for a safe re-opening soon (June 1st is our goal date) with additional measures to keep you, your family, our employees, and contractors as safe as possible during your return to our Florida Keys paradise.
1. As recommended by the CDC’s social distancing guidelines, guests shall be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them, including any area where guests or employees queue.
2. During all times in which the usage of masks/face coverings is recommended by the CDC and/or other local health authorities guests and employees or contractor will be required to wear a mask/face covering if unable to maintain 6 ft distance or inside of any building other than the guests rented space.
3. Contactless Check-In. Pre-arrival instructions including a digital door lock code will be emailed to each guest prior to arrival. No need to meet anyone face-to-face before entering the rental space.
4. If not wearing protective gloves, all employees shall follow CDC guidance regarding hand-washing. Employees shall wash their hands for at least 20 seconds, or use sanitizer when a sink is not available, after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, cleaning, smoking, eating, drinking, accepting items from a guest, taking a break, and before a shift and as needed throughout the shift. When possible, employees shall wear gloves for added protection
and sanitation efforts. Proper hand hygiene, in accordance with CDC guidelines, should be followed prior to and after removing the gloves.
5. Cleaning products and protocols shall include EPA-approved disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
6. ULV Fogging between guest stays with EPA-approved, non-toxic disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens. ULV fogging will also be concentrated on non-removable bedding in each rental space.
7. In anticipation of individual concerns of guests, housekeeping shall not enter a guest room during a stay unless specifically requested, or approved, by the guest, or to comply with established safety protocols. Housekeeping shall maintain the practice of cleaning rooms thoroughly following check-out.
8. Professionally laundered linens and towels with the warmest allowable temperature so as not to degrade the quality of the product.
9. Non-emergency maintenance issues will be scheduled after guest departure to reduce contact risks for both our guests and our contractors. If assistance is needed during your stay we will ask for permission to enter the rental space to conduct necessary repairs as timely as we possibly can, however, please keep in mind delays could occur as our contractors do provide services to others outside of KeysCaribbean.