The entire destination of The Florida Keys offers a very diverse environment for eco-tourism. Experience the unique and spectacular ecology of the islands with endless Florida Keys attractions. You will view the extraordinary Bird species that inhabit the tropical islands and fish the local waters. Get up close while kayaking through the crystal clear waters that allow up to 60′ of visibility most days. You can see the ocean floor and all of the inhabitants around the only living coral reef in North America. Spend a few hours or the entire day and you will be amazed by the natural beauty of the Florida Keys. Your adventure is about to begin!
For Florida Keys Eco Tours, please select an island location:
The waters around Key Largo are an ecologically fascinating place where freshwater from the Everglades mixes with the saltwater of Florida Bay. Everglades National Park abuts the near-shore waters of Key Largo to the west providing a home for an array of wildlife including bottle-nosed dolphin, crocodiles, sea turtles, alligators, and manatees.
Near Islamorada at Long Key State Recreation Area await nature trails for wildlife discovery, while Windley Key Quarry Fossil Reef State Geologic Site houses acres of fossilized coral and an environmental center.
While most of the waters around Marathon are open to fishing, some areas have been set aside purely for eco-tourism and fish viewing by divers and snorkelers. Sombrero Reef, one of the most beautiful sections of North America’s only living coral barrier reef, lies several miles offshore and is protected by the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. Marathon is also home to the Dolphin Research Center and the Turtle Hospital, operated in an effort to preserve two of Florida’s most famous marine creatures.
We’re preparing for a safe re-opening soon (June 1st is our goal date) with additional measures to keep you, your family, our employees, and contractors as safe as possible during your return to our Florida Keys paradise.
1. As recommended by the CDC’s social distancing guidelines, guests shall be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them, including any area where guests or employees queue.
2. During all times in which the usage of masks/face coverings is recommended by the CDC and/or other local health authorities guests and employees or contractor will be required to wear a mask/face covering if unable to maintain 6 ft distance or inside of any building other than the guests rented space.
3. Contactless Check-In. Pre-arrival instructions including a digital door lock code will be emailed to each guest prior to arrival. No need to meet anyone face-to-face before entering the rental space.
4. If not wearing protective gloves, all employees shall follow CDC guidance regarding hand-washing. Employees shall wash their hands for at least 20 seconds, or use sanitizer when a sink is not available, after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, cleaning, smoking, eating, drinking, accepting items from a guest, taking a break, and before a shift and as needed throughout the shift. When possible, employees shall wear gloves for added protection
and sanitation efforts. Proper hand hygiene, in accordance with CDC guidelines, should be followed prior to and after removing the gloves.
5. Cleaning products and protocols shall include EPA-approved disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
6. ULV Fogging between guest stays with EPA-approved, non-toxic disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens. ULV fogging will also be concentrated on non-removable bedding in each rental space.
7. In anticipation of individual concerns of guests, housekeeping shall not enter a guest room during a stay unless specifically requested, or approved, by the guest, or to comply with established safety protocols. Housekeeping shall maintain the practice of cleaning rooms thoroughly following check-out.
8. Professionally laundered linens and towels with the warmest allowable temperature so as not to degrade the quality of the product.
9. Non-emergency maintenance issues will be scheduled after guest departure to reduce contact risks for both our guests and our contractors. If assistance is needed during your stay we will ask for permission to enter the rental space to conduct necessary repairs as timely as we possibly can, however, please keep in mind delays could occur as our contractors do provide services to others outside of KeysCaribbean.