The Florida Keys are a wildly popular vacation destination with people from everywhere around the world. The tropical ambiance, romantic air, and laid-back way of life has a way of calling you back to the islands again and again. The appeal of the Florida Keys is strong and has even attracted many famous folks to the area who couldn’t resist its charm.
Here are some of the Florida Keys’ most celebrated locals who simply could not resist the magic of the islands of the Keys.
Ernest Hemmingway – Author Ernest Hemmingway made his home in the heart of Key West, where he lived and wrote for over ten years. Today, you can visit his former home on Whitehead Street, as it and the gardens…along with the 40 six-toed cats that live around the home – have been turned into a museum that you can visit during your vacation in Key West.
Jimmy Buffett – The celebrity most recognized as a resident of the Florida Keys has to be Jimmy Buffett. The tropical crooner made his home in Key West way before he was famous, where he wrote his popular “Margaritaville” tune. He promptly paid homage to his favorite beach town when he made it big by building the first Margaritaville Café, which he still plays at to this day. The popular bar sees millions of visitors each year at its Duval Street location.
Harry S. Truman, Former US President – During his presidency, President Truman spent his winters in Key West instead of enduring the brutal winters in Washington, DC. He and his wife adored the island and enjoyed their time spent there. You can visit the “Little White House” and tour the public museum and its botanical gardens that were the winter retreat of the former president during your vacation in the Florida Keys.
An escape to South Florida and the Florida Keys is a popular vacation choice. Key West, Marathon, Islamorada, Key Largo and the other islands in the chain offer a unique vacation destination for adventure, relaxation, water activities, and other fun opportunities in the Florida sunshine.
The vacation pros at KeysCaribbean are here to help you book your Florida Keys vacation and help you choose the perfect luxury accommodations. We want to make your Florida Keys vacation an exciting one and invite you to book with us today!
We’re preparing for a safe re-opening soon (June 1st is our goal date) with additional measures to keep you, your family, our employees, and contractors as safe as possible during your return to our Florida Keys paradise.
1. As recommended by the CDC’s social distancing guidelines, guests shall be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them, including any area where guests or employees queue.
2. During all times in which the usage of masks/face coverings is recommended by the CDC and/or other local health authorities guests and employees or contractor will be required to wear a mask/face covering if unable to maintain 6 ft distance or inside of any building other than the guests rented space.
3. Contactless Check-In. Pre-arrival instructions including a digital door lock code will be emailed to each guest prior to arrival. No need to meet anyone face-to-face before entering the rental space.
4. If not wearing protective gloves, all employees shall follow CDC guidance regarding hand-washing. Employees shall wash their hands for at least 20 seconds, or use sanitizer when a sink is not available, after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, cleaning, smoking, eating, drinking, accepting items from a guest, taking a break, and before a shift and as needed throughout the shift. When possible, employees shall wear gloves for added protection
and sanitation efforts. Proper hand hygiene, in accordance with CDC guidelines, should be followed prior to and after removing the gloves.
5. Cleaning products and protocols shall include EPA-approved disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
6. ULV Fogging between guest stays with EPA-approved, non-toxic disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens. ULV fogging will also be concentrated on non-removable bedding in each rental space.
7. In anticipation of individual concerns of guests, housekeeping shall not enter a guest room during a stay unless specifically requested, or approved, by the guest, or to comply with established safety protocols. Housekeeping shall maintain the practice of cleaning rooms thoroughly following check-out.
8. Professionally laundered linens and towels with the warmest allowable temperature so as not to degrade the quality of the product.
9. Non-emergency maintenance issues will be scheduled after guest departure to reduce contact risks for both our guests and our contractors. If assistance is needed during your stay we will ask for permission to enter the rental space to conduct necessary repairs as timely as we possibly can, however, please keep in mind delays could occur as our contractors do provide services to others outside of KeysCaribbean.