The Florida Keys are the perfect place for a family vacation. There are so many wonderful luxury vacation rental homes with plenty of room for everyone and so many family-oriented things to do in the Keys that your family will fall in love with the area and beg you to return year after year.
The Florida Keys are big on family fun, so there are plenty of activities to keep the kids, teens, parents, and even toddlers entertained! From Key Largo to Key West, here are some great ideas for family fun in the Florida Keys.
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park– Located in Key Largo, John Pennekamp is the nation’s first underwater state park. Enjoy glass-bottom boat tours, playing on the beach, paddle boarding, or a picnic by the ocean. Also, be sure to visit the Education and Visitor Center for a lesson about the amazing coral reef ecosystem and to see the 30,000-gallon aquarium.
- Theater of The Sea – Islamorada offers guests the chance to visit the Theater of The Sea, an amazing seal life park that is sure to please kids and adults of all ages. Enjoy dolphin and sea lion shows, nature tours, and a variety of animal exhibits with sharks, sea turtles, alligators, and exotic birds of prey. Guests can also swim with dolphins, feed endangered sea turtles, and paint with sea lions!
- Dolphin Research Center – Located on Grassy Key, this non-profit education and research facility is the perfect way to spend the day! Visit and interact with dolphins and sea lions, talk with various trainers, and refresh at the children’s sprayground.
- Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters – This popular attraction in Marathon offers up-close encounters with water animals including horseshoe crabs, starfish, stingrays, nurse sharks and more. Check out the 20,000-gallon, salt-water Coral Reef and Predator Reef tanks, which you can even dive into!
- Conch Train Tour – All aboard the Conch Express, a fun train that will take you around Key West to see all the popular sites of the town. The hour-and-a-half long adventure lets you hop on and off whenever you like so that you can enjoy all the best sights. Kids will love the junior conductor hat received while onboard!
KeysCaribbean Offers Luxury Accommodations for your Florida Keys Vacation
The perfect accommodations are important when planning a family vacation in the Florida Keys. KeysCaribbean offers luxury private vacation rental homes that will make your Florida Keys vacation one that your family will not soon forget! Contact us at (305) 853-5000 or online here for more info or to book your family vacation in the Florida Keys.