Of the many wonderful things about taking a vacation, experiencing the way the locals live and the lifestyle they enjoy really lets you get to know an area and its culture. Food is an important part of any region’s culture, as is the specific way it is prepared.
You can get to know the people and places of the Florida Keys by tasting their region dishes, which always becomes a favorite of the many visitors to the Islands. The popular ingredients in the dishes in the Keys reflect a variety of cultural influences including those from our Spanish, Bahamian, Caribbean, and American friends. Since commercial fishing is one of the largest industries in the Islands, our local menus also include an abundance of fresh seafood.
Whether you choose to try your hand at making these local delicacies in the kitchen of your vacation villa in Islamorada, at a popular restaurant in the Florida Keys, or have them specially prepared for you by a local chef in your luxury Florida Keys vacation rental home, you are guaranteed to love every bite!
When you plan a luxury vacation in the Florida Keys, you will definitely be tempted by these local favorites!
If hearing about all of these wonderful flavors has you ready for a vacation in the Florida Keys, we can’t blame you. Contact the experienced travel planning team at KeysCaribbean for the perfect luxury vacation villa, waterfront condo, or amazing private vacation home in the Florida Keys. Contact us at (305) 853-5000 or online here today!
We’re preparing for a safe re-opening soon (June 1st is our goal date) with additional measures to keep you, your family, our employees, and contractors as safe as possible during your return to our Florida Keys paradise.
1. As recommended by the CDC’s social distancing guidelines, guests shall be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them, including any area where guests or employees queue.
2. During all times in which the usage of masks/face coverings is recommended by the CDC and/or other local health authorities guests and employees or contractor will be required to wear a mask/face covering if unable to maintain 6 ft distance or inside of any building other than the guests rented space.
3. Contactless Check-In. Pre-arrival instructions including a digital door lock code will be emailed to each guest prior to arrival. No need to meet anyone face-to-face before entering the rental space.
4. If not wearing protective gloves, all employees shall follow CDC guidance regarding hand-washing. Employees shall wash their hands for at least 20 seconds, or use sanitizer when a sink is not available, after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, cleaning, smoking, eating, drinking, accepting items from a guest, taking a break, and before a shift and as needed throughout the shift. When possible, employees shall wear gloves for added protection
and sanitation efforts. Proper hand hygiene, in accordance with CDC guidelines, should be followed prior to and after removing the gloves.
5. Cleaning products and protocols shall include EPA-approved disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
6. ULV Fogging between guest stays with EPA-approved, non-toxic disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens. ULV fogging will also be concentrated on non-removable bedding in each rental space.
7. In anticipation of individual concerns of guests, housekeeping shall not enter a guest room during a stay unless specifically requested, or approved, by the guest, or to comply with established safety protocols. Housekeeping shall maintain the practice of cleaning rooms thoroughly following check-out.
8. Professionally laundered linens and towels with the warmest allowable temperature so as not to degrade the quality of the product.
9. Non-emergency maintenance issues will be scheduled after guest departure to reduce contact risks for both our guests and our contractors. If assistance is needed during your stay we will ask for permission to enter the rental space to conduct necessary repairs as timely as we possibly can, however, please keep in mind delays could occur as our contractors do provide services to others outside of KeysCaribbean.